You can restore everything that is included in the backup. However, due to limitations of the GitHub API, some data can't be restored directly or comes in a different format for practical reasons:
- Wikis can't be restored directly back to GitHub. Please follow these instructions if you want to restore a wiki.
- Pull requests can only be restored as issues.
- When restoring, all issues are filed by you and have the current date stamp but we include the original author and issue date as text in the issue description.
- We don’t link @mentions in issues or comments. If we would do so, users who have been participating might get flooded with notification emails.
- We don't assign issues in order to avoid email notifications when restoring. The information about the original assignee is written in the issue description.