You can restore everything that is included in the backup. However, due to limitations of the GitHub API, some data either cannot be restored directly or else it comes in a different format for practical reasons:
- Wikis cannot be restored directly back to GitHub. See these instructions if you want to restore a wiki.
- Pull requests can only be restored as issues.
- When restoring, all issues are filed by the user and have the current date stamp. The original author and issue date are included as text in the issue description.
- We do not link @mentions in issues or comments. This prevents flooding the participating users with notification emails.
- We do not assign issues when restoring in order to avoid email notifications. The information about the original assignee displays in the issue description.